Thursday, September 10, 2020

Alfred Auslander descendants: Gail Ginnity, Dean Auslander

Gail (Auslander) Ginnity writes:


Hello Joe,
I’m sending along joyous birthday wishes to you from the Alfred Auslander side of the family. Alfred, married to Rougea , was my grandfather whose son Stanley was my dad. And Dean Auslander is my brother.


We have enjoyed getting to know so much wonderful history about the Auslander’s because of your son’s excellent research and skill at telling the story. And of course your daughters collaboration.


Thank you for your part - your ongoing support to many family members and imparting great talents to your children.


My very best wishes,
Gail Auslander Ginnetty 

Gail's brother Dean Auslander writes:

My Dad (Stanley Auslander) was a Naval Aviator in .WWII. He flew anti-submarine patrol in Brazil and England. He received the Distinguished Flying Cross and 2 Air Medals. My parents met in 1942 at a dance when my father was stationed in Quonset RI. They were married in a  wedding  at my grandparents house in 1944 in East Greenwich Rhode Island before my Dad went to England. My Dad's mother, brother and sister with spouses attended. Joseph Kennedy was stationed at the same base as my Dad and he knew first hand what happened to the oldest Kennedy brother.

My grandfather had a brother Gustav Gerschon Aislander who emigrated and also an older sister Sarah Auslander Kerner. Sister Anna and Brother Isak Auslander stayed in Europe. My Dad went back to Europe with his parents in 1924. He remembered Vienna, I think they also went to Radautz. Moses Auslander died in 1926.
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zwischen Wissenschaft und Kunst by Dick Zukerman

A poem by George (Dick) Zukerman for his cousin Joe Auslander, on the occasion of his 90th birthday! A limmerickian ode to...